Haleem is a popular dish made with ground meat especially to celebrate the festival of Ramzan.
- Total Cook Time4 hrs 15 mins
- Prep Time 15 mins
- Cook Time4 hrs
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Haleem
- 1/2 cup of ghee
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 clove
- 3 green cardamom
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 gm of rose petals
- Few strings of khus ki jhad
- 120 gm of onion
- 1 Tbsp of ginger & garlic paste
- 30 gm of lapsi ( daliya ) soaked ( raw)
- 150 gm of mutton leg ( boneless )
- Black pepper pd to taste
- 1 1/2 cups of curd
- 2 tsp of coriander whole
- 1/2 tsp of javitri elaichi pd
- 2 tsp of yellow chilli pd
- 2-3 ml of rose water
- 20 gm of cashew nut
- 1/2 bunch of mint leaves
- 1 gm of saffron water in 30 ml of warm milk
- 2 cups of stock
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander leaves
How to Make HaleemHideShow Media
1. In a handi pour ghee, add slice onion and sauté till translucent and add ginger garlic paste.
2. Fry half a cup of onions & keep aside( for garnish)
3. Now add mutton leg boneless cut into 1/2 cm cubes and sauté for a minute or 2. And then add lapsi (soaked in water).
4. Pour in 2 cups stock, make a bouquet garni with cinnamon stick, rose petal, coriander seed, cloves, green cardamom, bay leave, khus ki jhad and put it in the handi and cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame till mutton becomes tender.
5. Add curd, yellow chilli, black pepper, cashew nut paste , rose water ,saffron water, salt to taste and cook till mutton is cooked.
6. Serve hot with chopped mint leaves, coriander chop, cashew nut fry, onion fry & dollop of ghee.