How to make Homemade Masala Pav
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
Masala Pav is an easy and quick way to relish the flavors of pav bhaji minus the effort and many different ingredients.
Ingredients of Homemade Masala Pav
- 4 Pieces Pav (Buns)
- 1/2 cup Chopped Onions
- 1/2 cup Chopped Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Chopped Capsicums
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Chili paste
- Butter as required
- 1 tsp Pav Bhaaji Masala
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder
- Pinch of haldi
- Salt according to taste
How to Make Homemade Masala Pav
- 1.In a pan heat tbsp. butter, add the ginger garlic chili paste and cook until the raw smell is gone.
- 2.Now add onions, tomatoes and capsciums in intervals of 1-2 minutes. Keep stirring to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- 3.Add the dry spices like red chili powder, pav bhaaji masala, haldi and salt.
- 4.Now add almost ½ cup water to let all the ingredients cook properly.
- 5.Once the water has dried and the masala has no liquid left, take it to the side of the pan and make enough space to toast 2 buns.
- 6.Cut the buns in the middle as you would for pav bhaaji or vada pav.
- 7.In the pan, put some butter and let it melt; toast the buns on both sides.
- 8.Once toasted, spread a spoonful of masala on the bun.
- 9.Repeat this process until all the masala has been used, garnish with onions, coriander, and drizzle some lemon and enjoy.
Key Ingredients: Pav (Buns), Chopped Onions, Chopped Tomatoes , Chopped Capsicums , Ginger Garlic Chili paste , Butter as required , Pav Bhaaji Masala, Red Chilli powder , Pinch of haldi , Salt according to taste