Honey Sponge Cake Recipe
How to make Honey Sponge Cake
A delicious and super spongy cake made with custard powder and honey. Steamed and topped with roasted melon seeds and chocolate sauce.
- Total Cook Time1 hr 25 mins 15 seconds
- Prep Time 15 mins 15 seconds
- Cook Time1 hr 10 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Honey Sponge Cake
- Dry ingredients:
- 150 gram Flour
- 1 tbsp Custard powder
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate soda
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- Wet ingredients:
- 50 gram Butter (softened)
- 150 gram Brown sugar (softened)
- 70 ml Corn oil (you can use regular oil also)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 (heaped) tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 3-4 tbsp Melon seeds, roasted
- 2-4 tbsp Chocolate sauce (to decorate)
How to Make Honey Sponge CakeHideShow Media
In a bowl add flour, custard powder, bicarbonate soda, baking soda. Keep aside.
In another bowl mix butter, brown sugar and corn oil. Break in the three eggs one at a time and whisk till well blended.
Add the honey and vanilla essence. Mix well.
Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix well. Add 3 Tbsp of melon seeds into the batter.
Pour it into a prepared mould. Steam for 45 minutes.
De mould it when cool. Decorate with some roasted melon seeds and chocolate sauce.