How To Make Irani Zeeresh Chicken Polow
About Irani Zeeresh Chicken Polow Recipe: A lip-smacking Iranian pulao recipe with delicious cooked boneless chicken tossed with crunchy nuts and saffron, cooked together in dum-style into a wholesome and rich dish.
Ingredients of Irani Zeeresh Chicken Polow
- 1 Kg chicken boneless leg tikka
- 200 ml olive oil
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 1 Onion , sliced
- 5 pcs dried lemon (soaked in water)
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- to taste salt
- 1 tsp degi red chilli
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp green cardamom powder
- 1 tsp black cardamom powder
- 150 ml tomato paste
- 1 tsp black pepper (crushed0
- 50 gms red barberries (saute in oil)
- 50 gms almonds
- 50 gms pistachio
- 1/2 gram saffron (dissolved)
How to Make Irani Zeeresh Chicken Polow
- 1.Take a lagan, add 2 tsp olive oil, put on low heat, when oil becomes heated add 2 cinnamon sticks, sliced onion and then dried lemon. Stir well.
- 2.Add ginger-garlic paste, chicken tikka and salt. Stir vigorously and then add salt, degi red chili, cinnamon powder, green cardamom powder and crushed black pepper.
- 3.Now add tomato puree, stir well and let it cook. Cook it till masala cook properly, add a 1 litre water.
- 4.Cover it with a lid till the oil comes on top, then add red berries along with black cardamom powder.
- 5.Meanwhile, soak rice in a handi with 3 times water for one hour, and put on boil until it's done 70%.
- 6.When chicken is cooked, add boiled rice, some amount of pistachio, almond, dissolved saffron, red barberry and some amount of oil. Cover and seal with silver foil and put on dum for 10-15 minutes.
- 7.Remove the handi from dum, wait until it becomes a bit normal in temperature then open and serve hot.
Key Ingredients: chicken boneless leg tikka, olive oil, Cinnamon sticks, Onion , dried lemon (soaked in water), ginger-garlic paste, salt, degi red chilli, cinnamon powder , green cardamom powder , black cardamom powder, tomato paste , black pepper (crushed0, red barberries (saute in oil), almonds, pistachio, saffron (dissolved)