Jhinge ka Soup Recipe
A wholesome cup made from stock, tamarind, prawns, pineapple, bean sprouts and seasoning.
- Total Cook Time 55 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 45 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Jhinge ka Soup
- 450 gm large prawns, shelled and de-veined
- 3 tsp chopped garlic cloves
- 4 Tbsp fish sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 4 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 onions - sliced
- Grated rind of 3 lemons
- 4 Tbsp jaggery
- 2 large tomatoes - peeled and chopped
- 1/2 ripe pineapple - chopped
- 1 liter fish stock - prepared from the prawn shells
- 4 Tbsp tamarind- strained after being soaked in water
- 2 Tbsp bean sprouts
- 4 red chillies - deseeded and chopped
- For garnish:
- Handful of chopped mint slivers of spring onion
How to Make Jhinge ka SoupHideShow Media
Combine the prawns, garlic and 2 Tbsp of fish sauce. Marinate for 30 minutes.
Heat oil; add onions and lemon rind - soften slightly.
Add sugar and tomatoes; continue cooking for three minutes.
Stir in pineapple followed by stock, tamarind and 2 Tbsp of fish sauce. Simmer for five minutes.
Stir in prawns, bean sprouts and chillies and cook for a further few minutes. Re-season.
Serve hot garnished with mint sprigs and spring onion slices.