Kaju Curry Recipe
How to make Kaju Curry
Your favorite vegetables cooked in a luscious cashew nuts and khoya gravy. Kaju curry is a Lucknawi delight.
- Total Cook Time 50 mins
- Prep Time 15 mins
- Cook Time 35 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Kaju Curry
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cup grated onions
- 15-20 cashew nuts-soaked for 1/2 hour and ground to a paste
- 2 Tbsp poppy seeds-soaked 1/2 hour and ground to a paste
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp nariyal ka burada (dessicated coconut)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 Tbsp powdered coriander seeds
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 2-3 green chillies - slit
- 1/4 cup khoya - mashed into a paste with water
- 1 1/2 cups mixed vegetables of your choice-blanched
- 1/4 cup thick cream-to garnish
- 2 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves-for garnish
How to Make Kaju CurryHideShow Media
Grind the cashew nuts, coconut, poppy seeds and milk together into a paste. Heat the ghee in a heavy based pan, and add the cumin.
When the seeds splutter, add onions and saute till a light brown.
Now add the ground paste and saute till the fat separates.
Increase the heat, add the vegetables, and turn around to mix.
Add the turmeric, chilli powder, garam masala, dhania, salt and the green chillies, and stir-fry to mix well.
Add 1 1/2 cups water and the khoya, bring to a boil, and then simmer, uncovered for 3-4 minutes.
Serve hot garnished with the cream and coriander leaves.