How to make Kalakand
Recipe Servings: 10
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
Milk and cottage cheese cooked with rose water, cardamoms and then set. A soft tasty barfi for any festive occasion. It is known to have been invented in Rajasthan.
Ingredients of Kalakand
- 250 Ml Whole milk
- 250 gram Ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
- 120 gram Sugar (powdered)
- 1 tsp Rose water
- 1/2 tsp Green cardamoms (coarsely ground)
- Round mould to set it in, or a serving dish, if you do not want to shape it like a cake
- To garnish Almonds (roasted), shredded
How to Make Kalakand
- 1.Cook milk and ricotta cheese till excess liquid is dried up.
- 2.Add sugar, cook some more, till there is no excess liquid, but mixture is a wet consistency.
- 3.Shut off the heat, add the rose water and cardamom and transfer to mould or serving dish, and leave to set.
- 4.Keep an upturned plate on top of mould and turn upside down, garnish with the almonds and serve.
Key Ingredients: Whole milk, Ricotta cheese or cottage cheese, Sugar (powdered), Rose water, Green cardamoms (coarsely ground), Almonds (roasted)