Story ProgressBack to home
How to make Kalakand
Milk and cottage cheese cooked with rose water, cardamoms and then set. A soft tasty barfi for any festive occasion. It is known to have been invented in Rajasthan.
- Total Cook Time 35 mins
- Prep Time 05 mins
- Cook Time 30 mins
- Recipe Servings10
Ingredients of Kalakand
- 250 Ml Whole milk
- 250 gram Ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
- 120 gram Sugar (powdered)
- 1 tsp Rose water
- 1/2 tsp Green cardamoms (coarsely ground)
- Round mould to set it in, or a serving dish, if you do not want to shape it like a cake
- To garnish Almonds (roasted), shredded
How to Make KalakandHideShow Media
Cook milk and ricotta cheese till excess liquid is dried up.
Add sugar, cook some more, till there is no excess liquid, but mixture is a wet consistency.
Shut off the heat, add the rose water and cardamom and transfer to mould or serving dish, and leave to set.
Keep an upturned plate on top of mould and turn upside down, garnish with the almonds and serve.