How to make Kasha Bread
Kasha is a type of cereal made with buckwheat groats which have first been roasted, then soaked and finally simmered till it becomes soft. Kasha bread is healthy, and tastes almost like a cake. Buttermilk, cream and nuts all come together to give it a beautiful texture.
Ingredients of Kasha Bread
- 1/4 Cup Kasha
- 1/3 Cup Boiling water
- 1 Cup Buckwheat flour
- 1 Cup All-purpose gluten free flour
- 1/2 Cup Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Xanthum gum
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 Cup Cream
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts
How to Make Kasha Bread
- 1.In a bowl soak the kasha in boiling water. Let it rest for 15 minutes.
- 2.Preheat the oven to 350degree C and grease a loaf pan.
- 3.Mix all the dry ingredients: buckwheat flour, all-purpose gluten free flour, baking powder, baking soda, xanthum gum and salt.
- 4.Whisk the eggs, cream and oil until smooth.
- 5.Stir the kasha and the walnuts to the egg mixture.
- 6.Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients with a spatula.
- 7.Spread the mixture evenly in the pan and bake for 50 minutes or till the tester comes out clean.
- 8.Serve with your choice of dish.
Don't beat the ingredients. Since it is gluten free we don't want to beat the flour too much.
The mixture will be a little stiff, but don't worry. Just smoothen it out before baking.
Kasha, Boiling water, Buckwheat flour, All-purpose gluten free flour, Brown sugar, Baking powder, Baking soda, Xanthum gum, Salt
, Oil, Walnuts