How To Make Kesari Phirni
About Kesari Phirni Recipe: Indulge in the decadence of rice cooked with sugar, milk and saffron flavoured with cardamom and crunchy nuts like almonds and pistachios. This kesar phirni is the best of Indian desserts to try at home!
Ingredients of Kesari Phirni
- 75 gms rice
- 300 ml milk
- 30 gms castor sugar
- A few strands of saffron
- A pinch of powdered green cardamom
- A few drops of rose water
- for garnishing slivered almonds and pistachios
- for garnishing rose petals
How to Make Kesari Phirni
- 1.Soak the saffron strands in a tsp of warm milk.
- 2.Soak the rice in water for about one hour. Drain the water and grind it to a paste. The paste should not be too coarse.
- 3.In a heavy bottomed pan, combine the milk, sugar and the rice paste together and boil. Cook for about 15 to 20 minutes until the mixture is creamy and thick and coats the back of a spoon.
- 4.Add the saffron and cardamom, mix well. Remove from heat. Add the rose water and mix well.
- 5.Refrigerate for around 2 hours until chilled and set. Garnish with slivered nuts, rose petals and serve.
Key Ingredients: rice, milk, castor sugar, A few strands of saffron, powdered green cardamom, A few drops of rose water, slivered almonds and pistachios, rose petals