How To Make Kimami Sewaiyan
About Kimami Sewaiyan Recipe: A decadent dessert to relish in the festive season of Ramadan. Kimami sewaiyan is packed with the goodness of lotus seeds, almond, coconut, cashews and raisins cooked with luscious mix of milk, khoya, sugar and vermicelli. Serve with a garnishing of nuts and cardamom.
Ingredients of Kimami Sewaiyan
- 1 Cup semiya
- 1 cup khoya
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cup water
- ghee (as needed)
- 1 tsp cardarmom powder
- 1 cup phool makhana (lotus seeds), chopped
- 1/4 cup almonds (slivered, for garnishing)
- 1 tbsp whole cashews ((slivered, for garnishing)
- 1 tbsp raisins (for garnish)
- 2 tbsp dry coconut (kopra)
How to Make Kimami Sewaiyan
- 1.To begin making Kimami Sewai Recipe, heat a pan on a slow flame and roast dry sewai till it turns dark brown. Keep it aside. Make sure to avoid over-roasting the delicate sewai.
- 2.In the same pan, heat ghee and fry the fox nuts/makhana till it gets crunchy. It will take 5 to 6 minutes on low medium heat.
- 3.After 5 to 6 minutes, add dry fruits and saute it for about 2 minutes. Lastly, add coconut as it burns quickly, be very careful. Fry altogether and keep aside.
- 4.In a deep pan, add sugar, khoya, milk, water and mix it well. Put it on the flame and keep stirring till the first boil. Slow down the flame to cook the sugar syrup till it gets thicker and you feel heavy while stirring.
- 5.Add 1/2 cup water or milk to the thick syrup and give another boil.
- 6.Add roasted sewai, dry fruits makhana coconut mixture and cook on a slow flame for about 4-5 minutes and switch off.
- 7.Sprinkle green cardamom powder and mix well. Cover the lid and leave for 10 minutes. Switch off the heat, give it a mix and garnish with almonds, cashews and raisins.
Key Ingredients: semiya, khoya, sugar, milk, water, ghee (as needed), cardarmom powder, phool makhana (lotus seeds), almonds (slivered, for garnishing), whole cashews ((slivered, for garnishing), raisins (for garnish), dry coconut (kopra)