How to make Kiwi Bread Halwa
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Kiwi Bread Halwa Recipe: Give this twist to your classic halwa and get amazed by the tangy flavors of kiwi along with gooey bread.
Ingredients of Kiwi Bread Halwa
- 5 Kiwis
- 8 Brown bread slices
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp cashew nuts, chopped
- 1 tbsp almonds, chopped
- 1 tbsp pistachios, chopped
- 1 tsp green cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup khoya/mawa, grated
How to Make Kiwi Bread Halwa
- 1.Peel and roughly chop kiwi fruits. Transfer into a hand blender jar and blend into a purée.
- 2.Heat a non-stick pan, add sugar and kiwi purée and cook, stirring, till the mixture thickens.
- 3.Toast the bread slices and cut them into 1 inch pieces.
- 4.Heat ghee in another non-stick pan, add cashewnuts, almonds, pistachios and raisins and sauté lightly.
- 5.Add cardamom powder to the kiwi mixture and mix well. Add the bread pieces and mash while mixing.
- 6.Add milk and khoya and cook well. Add the sautéed nuts along with the ghee and mix well.
- 7.Transfer into a serving bowl and serve.
Key Ingredients: Kiwis, Brown bread slices, sugar, ghee, cashew nuts, almonds, pistachios, green cardamom powder, raisins, milk, khoya/mawa