Lal Mirch ka Benarsi Achaar Recipe
How to make Lal Mirch ka Benarsi Achaar
This pickle is a spice lover's dream come true. Whole chillies stuffed with a host of sizzling spices make this Banarasi preparation a very popular one.
- Total Cook Time 30 mins
- Prep Time 15 mins
- Cook Time 15 mins
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Lal Mirch ka Benarsi Achaar
- 1 kg lal mirch (red peppers)
- 1 3/4 cup pissa amchoor (dried mango powder)
- 2 1/2 cup pissi rai (powdered mustard seeds)
- 1 1/4 cup methi dana ( fenugreek seeds, powdered)
- 1 cup saunf (fennel seeds) - powdered
- 1 1/2 Tbsp heeng (asafoetida)
- 1 cup salt
- 1/2 cup haldi (turmeric powder)
- 4 cups sarson ka tel (mustard oil)
- 1 sterilised container with a lid
How to Make Lal Mirch ka Benarsi AchaarHideShow Media
Remove the stalk of the red peppers cutting around the base of the stalk, thus creating an opening to fill them.
Mix together, everything, except the oil and the red peppers.
Add 1/4 cup of the oil and rub it into the mixture.
Stuff this mixture into the red peppers, pressing the filling in firmly, so that it is tightly stuffed.
Dip each red pepper into the oil and place in the container, one by one.
Pour the remainder oil over to cover the red peppers. Keep it under the sun for about a week.