How To Make Lemon Coconut Squares
About Lemon Coconut Squares Recipe: A delicious spin of coconut with lemon that is perfect to prepare on festive occasions at home, these small lemon coconut squares are light, delicious and easy to make.
Ingredients of Lemon Coconut Squares
- For the crust:
- 125 ml icing sugar
- 250 ml butter (softened)
- 500 ml all-purpose flour
- For filling:
- 4 Eggs
- 500 ml sugar
- 125 ml lemon juice
- 15 ml lemon peel (optional), grated
- 60 ml flour
- 2.5 ml baking powder
- 125 ml dessicated coconut
How to Make Lemon Coconut Squares
- Prepare the crust:
- 1.In medium mixing bowl blend together flour and icing sugar. Add butter and mix thoroughly.
- 2.Grease bottom and sides of a 9 x 13 inch (23 x 33 cm) baking dish. Pat dough evenly into bottom of dish.
- 3.Bake at 350°F (180°C) until set, about 20 to 25 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Prepare the filling:
- 1.In medium bowl beat together eggs, sugar, juice and peel.
- 2.Gradually add flour and baking powder, blending thoroughly. Stir in coconut. Pour over crust, spreading evenly to edges.
- 3.Continue baking at 350°F (180°C) until set, about 20 to 25 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting. Makes about 30 two-inch squares.
Key Ingredients: icing sugar, butter (softened), all-purpose flour, Eggs, sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel (optional), flour, baking powder, dessicated coconut