Story ProgressBack to home
Lobhia Rasedaar Recipe
A fulfilling & satisfying curry made with black eyed beans.
- Total Cook Time 40 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 30 mins
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Lobhia Rasedaar
- 2 cups black eyed kidney beans
- 2 cups grated onions
- 1 tsp each, ginger and garlic paste
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp cumin seeds
- 2 cups grated tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 Tbsp powdered coriander seeds
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2-3 green chillies
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves for garnish
How to Make Lobhia RasedaarHideShow Media
1. Cook beans till tender but bite like.
2. Strain and keep the liquid and the beans separate.
3. Heat oil, and add cumin and bayleaves. When the cumin splutters, add onions, garlic and ginger.
4. Stir-fry till onions are well fried, and fat separates. Then add tomatoes and stir fry till fat separates once again.
5. Add salt, turmeric, coriander and chilli powder and turn around a till well mixed.
6. Add the beans and green chillies and turn around a few times over high heat.
7. Measure the liquid, make it upto 4 cups with water and add to the beans and bring to a boil and then simmer, till the gravy is well blended, and not watery (approximately 10 minutes).