How to make Marchwangan Korma
About Marchwangan Korma Recipe: A mutton dish worth every bite! Spices, chillies and herbs simmered with tender mutton chunks, makes for the perfect dinner party dish that you can serve with any Indian bread in the main course. This mutton dish would also go well with some cooked rice.
Ingredients of Marchwangan Korma
- 1 Kg meat (cut into pieces)
- 12 1/2 water
- 1 cup pure ghee
- to taste salt
- 1 tbsp ground garlic
- 10 green cardamoms
- 5 cloves
- 1 1/2 kashmiri red chilli powder (dissolved in 10 cups of water)
- 4 Black cardamoms
- 4 tsp turmeric powder
- 5 Cinnamon sticks
- 2 tsp dry ginger powder
- 1 1/2 cup dry cockscomb (mawal) flowers (heated with 1 1/2 cups water, extract)
- 1 tsp black cumin seeds
- 1 tsp dry mint leaves
How to Make Marchwangan Korma
- 1.Bring the water to a boil in the pan and add the meat. Mix well and then bring the water to a boil again. Remove the pan from the heat and drain the water.
- 2.When the meat is cool, wash under cold running water and then keep aside.
- 3.In a pan, add the blanched meat, ghee, salt, garlic, green cardamoms and cloves.
- 4.Mix well and fry until the meat is light brown in color.
- 5.Add the red chill water, black cardamoms, turmeric powder, cinnamon sticks and dry ginger powder.
- 6.Stir and bring the mixture to a boil. Lower the heat and cover the pan and cook until the meat is tender. Add some water if need be. Stir occasionally.
- 7.Add the cockscomb flower extract, black cumin seeds and dry mint leaves.
- 8.Mix well and let the mixture simmer for about 4 minutes.
- 9.Serve hot.
Key Ingredients: meat (cut into pieces), water, pure ghee, salt, ground garlic, green cardamoms, cloves, kashmiri red chilli powder (dissolved in 10 cups of water), Black cardamoms, turmeric powder, Cinnamon sticks, dry ginger powder, dry cockscomb (mawal) flowers (heated with 1 1/2 cups water, extract), black cumin seeds, dry mint leaves