How to make Matcha Tea Macarons
About Matcha Tea Macarons Recipe: Macarons are french cookies which are as delicious as they are beautiful. These matcha green tea macarons with white chocolate ganache is a spectacular Asian inspired variation. It takes a little more effort than other matcha cookies, but the result is quite worth the work. Matcha tea macarons have a lovely color along with refreshing taste which makes the cookie taste just as good as it looks.
Ingredients of Matcha Tea Macarons
- For Macarons:
- 5 Egg whites
- 20 gms breakfast sugar
- 368 gms icing sugar
- 425 gms almond powder
- 1 tbsp matcha powder
- For white chocolate ganache:
- 60 ml heavy cream
- 170 gms white chocolate, chopped
How to Make Matcha Tea Macarons
- Prepare Macaron shells:
- 1.Place two silicone mats on two large baking trays and set aside.
- 2.Mix together the almond flour, icing sugar and matcha powder well. Set aside.
- 3.Using an electric mixer, whip the egg whites on medium-low speed until they are frothy. Slowly sprinkle in the granulated sugar and continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
- 4.Transfer the egg whites to a large bowl in order to accommodate the remaining ingredients.
- 5.Gently fold one quarter of the almond flour mixture into the whites. Gradually fold in the remaining almond mixture until a thick, gloppy batter forms. It should have the consistency of hot lava.
- 6.Fill a pastry bag with the batter quickly or the meringue will loosen. Pipe onto the prepared baking sheets into 2-inch rounds, spaced about 1-inch apart.
- 7.Let the macarons rest at room temperature until the tops are dry and a smooth skin has formed, 25-40 minutes.
- 8.10 minutes before baking, adjust an oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 160 degrees C.
- 9.Bake for 6 minutes on one side, turn the tray and bake for another 6 minutes. Bake 1 sheet at a time.
- 10.Directly after baking, carefully slide the silicone mat onto a wire rack or the marble table top and cool completely.
- Prepare White chocolate ganache:
- 1.Bring the cream to a boil. Pour over the chopped white chocolate and mix to an even consistency. Use a wooden spatula and not a machine. Leave to cool at room temperature. It will thicken further.
- 2.Once thick enough to pipe, pour into a piping bag and gently pipe onto one macaron shell and place the other macaron shell on top. Press a little so the ganache spreads till the sides.
Filled macarons can be put in the fridge for a week.
Empty shells can be put in an airtight container in the freezer for a month.
First timers try half the recipe first, once you’ve mastered the macaron go for the bigger one.
Key Ingredients: Egg whites, breakfast sugar, icing sugar, almond powder, matcha powder, heavy cream, white chocolate