Mawe Ka Bhutta Recipe
The perfect Independence Day dessert, this tricolor treat makes brilliant use of India's vibrant colours and flavours.
- Total Cook Time 50 mins
- Prep Time 15 mins
- Cook Time 35 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Mawe Ka Bhutta
- 1.5 L milk, 6% fat
- 200 gm sugar
- 50 gm pistachio paste
- A few strands of saffron
- 50 gm mango pulp
- 10 gm pista, chopped
- 150 gm cashew nut powder
How to Make Mawe Ka BhuttaHideShow Media
1. Take a thick bottomed pan over medium flame; add cashew nut powder and half of sugar. Cook it well to form a very thick mixture/paste. Keep aside for cooling.
2. Take milk in a thick bottomed pan, add sugar and bring it to a boil. Then reduce the flame and continue stirring so that in doesn't burn from the bottom.
3. Stir until it becomes thick like milk solid (mawa).
4. Divide the mawa into three equal parts; add pista paste in one, mango pulp in another, and keep one part as it is.
5. Using your hands, make small balls out of the tricoloured mawa.
6. Roll the cashew paste into small cylinders.
7. Arrange the little mawa balls on the cashew roll to resemble bhutta.
8. Garnish with saffron and chopped pistachio. Serve cold.