How To Make Microwave Sookhi Moong Ki Dal
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Microwave Sookhi Moong Ki Dal Recipe: After you've soaked the dal, make it in a jiffy in the microwave.
Ingredients of Microwave Sookhi Moong Ki Dal
- 1 Cup dhuli moong dal
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1.5 tsp cumin seeds
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 1.5 tsp ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1.5 cup hot water
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves (garnishing)
- 1 for garnishing green chillies (slit)
- 2-3 for garnishing lemon wedges
How to Make Microwave Sookhi Moong Ki Dal
- 1.Wash the dal, till the water runs clear. Soak in water for 3-4 hours. Drain the water of the dal and put aside in a colander.
- 2.Mix together the oil, cumin and the asafoetida. Cook covered at HI for 2 minutes.
- 3.Mix in the ginger immediately and stir well.
- 4.Add the dal, mix well and cook covered at HI for 1 minute. Now mix in the coriander powder, salt, chilli powder and the turmeric powder.
- 5.Add water, mix well and cook covered at 70 per cent for 15 minutes, stirring after 6 minutes.
- 6.Serve garnished with green chillies, coriander and lemon wedges.
Key Ingredients: cumin seeds, asafoetida, ginger, coriander powder, salt, chilli powder, turmeric, hot water, coriander leaves (garnishing), green chillies (slit), lemon wedges