Millennium Meringue Recipe
Dig deep into the layers of freshly made meringue and chocolate cream. Top it off with some nuts for the extra crunch!
- Total Cook Time1 hr 15 mins
- Prep Time 15 mins
- Cook Time1 hr
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Millennium Meringue
- 8 egg whites
- 450 gm castor sugar
- Dark chocolate cream
- 250 gm chopped bitter chocolate
- 120 ml cream
- 100 gm butter grated rind
- 1 orange
- 4 egg yolks rum to flavor Pistachio chocolate cream
- 250 gm chopped white chocolate
- 100 ml cream
- 100 gm butter
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 Tbsp pistachio nut paste
- 1 tsp saffron strands soaked in a tsp of water
- Extra whipped cream chopped nuts to decorate
How to Make Millennium MeringueHideShow Media
1. Whip the whites until stiff and gradually beat in the sugar.
2. Then pipe/spread out onto a greased and lined tray.
3. Bake at 160 degree C for hour until dry and until.
4. Cool slightly and remove from tray.
5. To prepare the chocolate cream, melt both the chocolates in separate bowls with the cream and butter.
6. Stir the yolks, pistachio paste and saffron into the white chocolate mixture.
7. Use to layer meringue.
8. Then add a little whipped cream.
9. And decorate it with chopped nuts.