How to make Murgh Koftey Ki Biryani
About Murgh Koftey Ki Biryani Recipe: Kofte made with minced and spiced chicken. Cooked with basamati rice to make a fragrant biryani. Biryani is one of most loved dishes across the country and is prepared for festivals and special occasions at home. You can serve this biryani with saffron scented garlic raita. A pure Awadhi dish best suited for a lavish dinner party.
Ingredients of Murgh Koftey Ki Biryani
- 800 gms chicken leg (boneless)
- 2 tsp green chilli, chopped
- 8 onions, chopped
- 3 tsp ginger, chopped
- 4 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1 tsp mace powder
- 200 gms mutton kidney fat
- to taste salt
- 2 litre mutton stock
- 8 green cardamom
- 6 black cardamom
- 5 bay leaves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 4 mace, whole
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cup brown onion
- 3 tbsp mint, chopped
- 10 green chillies, julienne
- 1 kg yogurt
- 1/2 tsp saffron
- 2 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
- 400 gms basmati rice, soaked
- 1 cup ghee
- 1 cup cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk
How to Make Murgh Koftey Ki Biryani
- 1.Take pan. Add chicken leg boneless, chopped green chilli, onion, ginger, coriander, eggs, nutmeg powder, mace powder, kidney fat and mix well.
- 2.When chicken is cooked, cool down and mince it. Mix really well. Rub properly with salt.
- 3.In a pan, take the mutton stock. Add whole spices, brown onion, mint, slit/ julienne green chillies and salt. Simmer.
- 4.Make small balls with the chicken mince and blanch in the stock. Keep aside.
- 5.In the remaining stock, add yogurt, half the saffron, fennel seeds and salt.
- 6.Simmer it nicely and add the soaked basmati rice. Cook for some time.
- 7.Add ghee, cream, milk, mint, brown onion and remaining saffron.
- 8.Cook rice in dum and serve with blanched chicken mince ball.
Key Ingredients: chicken leg (boneless), green chilli, onions, ginger, coriander, eggs, nutmeg powder, mace powder, mutton kidney fat, salt, mutton stock, green cardamom, black cardamom, bay leaves, cinnamon sticks, mace, whole, cumin seeds, brown onion, mint, green chillies, yogurt, saffron, fennel seeds (saunf), basmati rice, ghee, cream, milk