Mutton Pulao Recipe
How to make Mutton Pulao
Meat cooked with rice and spices. This mutton pulao recipe with the aroma of peppercorns, cardamom and cinnamon.
- Total Cook Time1 hr 25 mins
- Prep Time 25 mins
- Cook Time1 hr
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Mutton Pulao
- 350 gm mutton/lamb - chops-pricked
- 2 cups rice - washed and soaked
- 4 black cardamoms
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 4 whole red chillies
- 6 cloves
- 1 inch piece cinnamon-broken roughly
- 4 tbsp ghee
- 1 cup onions - sliced uniformly
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 tsp all spice - powdered
- 2 cups hot water - for the rice
- Pinch of food colour
How to Make Mutton PulaoHideShow Media
Heat the ghee in a pan and add the cardamom, peppercorns, red chillies and cloves.
When they darken a bit, add the onions and cook till transparent.
Add the meat, salt and chilli powder, all spice.
Stir fry till meat is opaque and add two cups of water.
Bring to a boil and lower the heat and cook covered till meat is tender.
Strain the meat and keep aside.
Measure the liquid and make up to three cups by adding hot water.
Mix liquid, meat and rice together.
Bring to a boil, lower the heat and cook covered for five minutes.
Sprinkle the colour in a trail and continue to cook covered for seven minutes. Serve hot.