Story ProgressBack to home
Namkeen Saboodana Recipe
A new snack's in town and it's here to stay. Fluffy round saboodana fried to perfection in a host of curry leaves and tangy amchoor will leave you feeling happy.
- Total Cook Time 30 mins
- Prep Time 15 mins
- Cook Time 15 mins
Ingredients of Namkeen Saboodana
- 1 cup saboodana (sago) - soaked in water just to cover, for an hour
- Oil, required to deep fry
- 6-7 kadhi patta (curry leaves)
- 1 tsp rock salt (sendha namak) or to taste
- 1/2 tsp amchoor or to taste
- Any seasoning of your choice
How to Make Namkeen SaboodanaHideShow Media
Drain the saboodana and spread over a cloth till all the moisture dries up.
Heat the oil and add the saboodana (make sure it has enough room to breather in the pan) over high heat.
Lower the heat immediately to medium and fry till crisp and cooked through.
Drain and transfer to an absorbent paper.
Heat about 2 Tbsp of oil in another pan.
When hot, add the kadhi patta, sauté till it changes a little color and mix in the salt and amchoor.
Add the saboodana, saute to mix and turn off the heat.
Once it cools down, store in an airtight container.