How to make Oats Khichdi
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Oats Khichdi Recipe: A full meal on its own so comforting and quick to make. Makes for a good, nutritious and healthy meal on a busy day. Serve it with Yogurt and I bet you gonna love it.
Ingredients of Oats Khichdi
- 1/3 Cup quick cooking oats
- 1/3 cup moong dal (split and skinned)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 45 gram green peas
- 3/4 tsp ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp green Chillies, chopped
- to taste salt
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2.5 cups water
- For Garnishing:
- 1/2 tbsp coriander leaves (fresh), chopped
How to Make Oats Khichdi
- 1.Heat oil in a pressure cooker add oil, heat the oil add cumin seeds, let them crackle.
- 2.Add chopped onion cook till translucent, add ginger and green chillies, cook for few more seconds.
- 3.Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder, followed by tomatoes. Let them cook till tender.
- 4.Add all the vegetables and rinsed moong dal along with oats. Sauté for a few seconds.
- 5.Add water and adjust salt.
- 6.Pressure cook for 8 minutes.
- 7.Let the pressure settle down, open the lid.
- 8.Serve hot garnished with chopped coriander leaves or green chillies, accompanied with yogurt.
You may sprinkle lemon juice if desired.
You may add vegetables of your choice.
Key Ingredients: quick cooking oats, moong dal (split and skinned), cumin seeds, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, onion, tomato, carrot, green peas, ginger, green Chillies, salt, extra virgin olive oil, water, coriander leaves (fresh)