How To Make Oats Matar Cheela
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Oats Matar Cheela Recipe: A wholesome and yummy breakfast of cheela, brimming with the goodness of oats and flavours of chilli, ginger ad garlic!
Ingredients of Oats Matar Cheela
- 1/2 Cup rolled oats
- 1/2 Cup peas
- 1/2 inch Ginger
- 2-3 Garlic cloves
- 1-2 Green chillies
- 1/2 tsp ajwain
- A pinch of hing
- Salt/rock salt (as per taste)
- Desi ghee (as per need)
How to Make Oats Matar Cheela
- 1.Overnight soak the rolled oats.
- 2.Boil the peas for a minute or two.
- 3.In a chutney grinder, add boiled peas, ginger, garlic, green chilli, ajwain, hing and salt. Grind everything into a paste.
- 4.Now drain the water and clean the oats well.
- 5.Coarsely mash the oats and add the peas paste to it. Mix everything together.
- 6.Now, heat a tawa and grease with some desi ghee on it.
- 7.Add a spoonful of peas to the tawa and spread it evenly.
- 8.On medium to low flame, cook each side well till it turns golden brown in colour. Add some ghee on the edges if needed.
- 9.Serve the cheelas hot with some ketchup by the side.
Key Ingredients: rolled oats, peas, Ginger, Garlic cloves, Green chillies, ajwain, hing, Salt/rock salt (as per taste), Desi ghee (as per need)