How To Make Omapodi
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Omapodi Recipe: A popular snack from Tamil Nadu, omapodi is basically sev, deep-fried until crisp and golden and comes with the flavour of a whole lot of spices!
Ingredients of Omapodi
- 2 Cups besan
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp ajwain
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- oil (for frying
How to Make Omapodi
- 1.Boil ajwain in hot water with some salt. Strain and keep the water aside.
- 2.In a bowl add besan, rice flour and ajwain together. Mix well.
- 3.Now add salt, asafoetida, red chilli powder and turmeric.Mix well.
- 4.Heat a tablespoon of oil and pour it in the mix. Add the ajwain water to this too.
- 5.Mix well. Use your hands to knead smooth dough.
- 6.When a smooth dough is kneaded, heat oil in a frying pan, take a small portion of the dough and put it in hot oil through a grater or sev maker in order to fry thin noodle-shaped sev.
- 7.Make sure to release the dough slowly in circular motion. Fry the omapodi until crisp and golden. Repeat the process with the entire dough.
- 8.Cool and pack it in an airtight jar. Enjoy whenever!
Key Ingredients: besan, rice flour, oil, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric, ajwain, asafoetida, oil (for frying