How To Make Orange Chiffon Cake
About Orange Chiffon Cake Recipe: A sweet and sour cake with the decadence of vanilla and tangy orange zest combined with creamy tartar, this orange chiffon cake is a must-try!
Ingredients of Orange Chiffon Cake
- 3 + 1 additional egg white Large eggs
- 115 gms sifted flour
- 100 gms superfine white sugar
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp orange zest, grated
- 65 ml refined oil
- 65 ml orange juice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar (optional)
How to Make Orange Chiffon Cake
- 1.Separate the eggs while and yolks. Place the egg yolks in one bowl and the whites (along with the extra egg white) in another bowl.
- 2.Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C and have a 9 inch (25 cm) cake pan ready.
- 3.Sieve, baking powder, flour and salt together.
- 4.In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat egg yolks and sugar. Then gradually add oil. And orange juice and orange zest.
- 5.Add sifted flour. Beat until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- 6.In a separate bowl, with the whisk attachment, beat the egg whites until foamy. Add the cream of tartar and continue to beat until soft peaks form.
- 7.With a help of large rubber spatula or wire whisk, gently fold the egg whites into the batter just until blended (be careful not to deflate the batter).
- 8.Pour the batter into the pan and bake for about 55 to 60 minutes, or until a wooden skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- 9.Let the cake cool completely before removing from pan (about 1 - 1 1/2 hours).
- 10.To remove the cake from the pan, run a long metal spatula and Invert onto a greased wire rack. Dust the top with confectioners sugar (powdered or icing). Serve with whipped cream (or ice cream) and fresh fruit.
Key Ingredients: eggs, sifted flour, superfine white sugar, baking powder, salt, orange zest, refined oil, orange juice, pure vanilla extract, orange extract, cream of tartar (optional)