How to make Panini with Leftover Chicken
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Panini with Leftover Chicken Recipe: A fresh and wholesome sandwich with chicken bits, peppers, rocket leaves, an eggplant-tomato chutney and all good things.
Ingredients of Panini with Leftover Chicken
- 3-4 chunks of leftover boneless chicken, sliced
- 1 Ciabata loaf / any bread
- 1 tbsp olive oil or mustard oil
- 2 tbsp onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp bell peppers, sliced
- 1/2 tsp tahini paste / butter
- 20 gms scarmoza/ mozzarella cheese (smoked)
- 1 tsp Fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh rocket leaves
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper (to season)
- For Eggplant and Tomato chutney:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant
- 100 gms tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- salt & pepper (to season)
How to Make Panini with Leftover Chicken
- 1.Cut the eggplant lengthwise into 2 and season it with salt and pepper. Then, drizzle the olive oil and roast in the oven at 180 degree C for 15 minutes.
- 2.Once the eggplant is cool enough to handle, scoop out the flesh and transfer into a bowl.
- 3.Check the seasoning and add the tomatoes and basil to the eggplant n mix well.
- 4.Grill or toast the bread and then spread the tahini paste.
- 5.Heat the leftover boneless chicken in a pan or in the oven if required.
- 6.Then, in a pan with little oil and high heat, saute the sliced onions and bell peppers for a minute and then add salt and pepper.
- 7.Dress the rocket leaves with salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil.
- 8.Now, pile the bread with the onions, peppers and chicken pieces and finally, cover with the scarmoza / moazzarella cheese.
- 9.Top it up with the rocket leaves, cover with the other bread and enjoy with a fresh seasonal salad.
Key Ingredients: chunks of leftover boneless chicken, Ciabata loaf / any bread, olive oil or mustard oil, onions, bell peppers, tahini paste / butter, scarmoza/ mozzarella cheese (smoked), Fresh coriander, fresh rocket leaves, lemon juice, salt and pepper (to season), olive oil, eggplant, tomatoes, basil leaves, red chilli powder, salt & pepper (to season)