How To Make Akuri (Parsi Eggs)
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Akuri (Parsi Eggs) Recipe: As the name tells itself, this one is a traditional Parsi dish, popularly known as 'Akuri'. Scrambled eggs with mild spices eaten with bread, buns or rotis.
Ingredients of Akuri (Parsi Eggs)
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 green chilli (optional), finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
How to Make Akuri (Parsi Eggs)
- 1.In a bowl whisk the eggs with salt and milk.
- 2.Heat butter in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and add in the cumin seeds, the garlic, chopped green chilly and the onions. Sauté till fragrant for about two minutes.
- 3.Add in the chopped tomatoes and sauté for a minute. Add the turmeric and red chilli powders and sauté for a further two minutes.
- 4.Lower the temperature to a medium-low flame and add in the eggs stirring gently making sure that they don’t set firm.
- 5.While still a bit runny, sprinkle the chopped coriander leaves over the eggs and turn off the flame.
- 6.Serve hot alongside toasted, buttered bread or with crusty bun pao.
Key Ingredients: Eggs, cumin seeds, green chilli (optional), garlic cloves, onion, fresh coriander leaves, salt , tomatoes, milk, butter, turmeric powder, red chilli powder