How to make Akuri (Parsi Eggs)
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
As the name suggests, this one is a traditional Parsi dish, popularly known as 'Akuri'. Scrambled eggs with mild spices eaten with bread, buns or rotis.
Ingredients of Akuri (Parsi Eggs)
- 4 Eggs
- 3 large potatoes (finely sliced), peeled
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 green chilli , finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp coriander, chopped
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Akuri (Parsi Eggs)
- 1.Heat oil in a large frying pan, add the cumin seeds and allow them to sizzle.
- 2.Add the green chilli, garlic and onions. Cook until softened. Add the potato slices to the pan. Cook without coloring for 5 minutes.
- 3.Pour in enough water to come just below the contents of the pan. Cover and cook over a low heat until the potato is tender. Sprinkle the coriander.
- 4.Mix ingredients and level out again. Make four indentations in the mixture, about 1/2" away from the pans side. Break an egg into each hollow.
- 5.Cover and cook until the eggs are just set. Cut into 4 segments and serve with bread and salad.
Key Ingredients: Eggs, potatoes (finely sliced), oil, cumin seeds, green chilli , garlic, onions, coriander, Salt and pepper