How to make Pista Aur Zaffrani Rabri Rasgulla
About Pista Aur Zaffrani Rabri Rasgulla Recipe: Who doesn't love a a bowl of sweet, syrupy, soft balls of Rasgullas? The luscious rasgulla, rosogolla or roshogolla is an Indian sweet that has fascinated not just the Indians but people all across the world. This recipe of Rabri Rasgulla is a unique blend of India's two most favourite sweets, the thick and creamy Rabri and sweet balls of sugar, Rasgulla along with nuuts, sugar and saffron.
Ingredients of Pista Aur Zaffrani Rabri Rasgulla
- 1 Litre full-fat milk
- 2-3 tbsp fresh lime juice or vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp pistachios
- 200 gms rabri
- 50 gms pistachio paste
- 1 gms saffron
How to Make Pista Aur Zaffrani Rabri Rasgulla
- 1.First, make chenna. After the chenna has drained of extra moisture for about 30 minutes, give it a whizz in a blender or mixer to make it smooth and let out more water.
- 2.Remove and knead well for 3 minutes. At the end of it, you should be able to make smooth balls out of the chenna easily.
- 3.If not, knead for a bit longer. The size of the rasgulla will double on cooking in sugar syrup so remember to make smaller to begin with.
- 4.Add the sugar and water to your pressure cooker and bring to boil. Mix well for the sugar to dissolve lower heat to very low and add the rasgulla balls gently into the syrup.
- 5.Cover the pressure cooker and cook without whistle for about 7-8 minutes on medium-low flame.
- 6.Turn off heat and wait for 5 minutes before opening the cooker lid. You'll find spongy rasgulla that's doubled in size!
- 7.Divide rabri in two bowls and mix in pistachio paste in in bowl and saffron in another bowl.
- 8.Soak in the rasgulla in these rabri mixes and serve cold with chopped nuts on top.
Key Ingredients: full-fat milk, fresh lime juice or vinegar, sugar, water, pistachios, rabri, pistachio paste, saffron