How To Make Pistachio, Cranberry and White Chocolate Pie
About Pistachio, Cranberry and White Chocolate Pie Recipe: This eggless eight-inch pie comes with a smooth, creamy Sicilian pistachio filling that's studded with chewy cranberry bits, all ensconced in a crispy and crumbly shortcrust pastry.
Ingredients of Pistachio, Cranberry and White Chocolate Pie
- For pistachio paste:
- 180 gms pistachios
- 3 tbsp water
- For short crust:
- 150 gms cold butter
- 125 gms castor sugar
- 300 gms refined flour
- 50 ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For pie filling:
- 150 gms good quality white chocolate
- 100 ml heavy cream
- 180 gms cream cheese
- 40 gms powdered sugar
- 1 cup pistachio paste
- 100 gms cranberries, sliced
How to Make Pistachio, Cranberry and White Chocolate Pie
- Prepare Pistachio Paste:
- 1.Boil pistachios in hot water and bring to a boil.
- 2.Turn off the heat and let the pistachios soak in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain the water and rinse under cold water.
- 3.Spread the pistachios on a kitchen towel and rub them gently.
- 4.De-skin the pistachios and then blend them in a food processor, adding one tbsp. of water at a time. Make it into a smooth paste and use.
- Prepare short crust:
- 1.Cream the butter and sugar to for a smooth paste. Sift and add the flour.
- 2.Add some milk and vanilla and form a soft dough ball. Refrigerate for an hour.
- 3.Roll it out and line the pie dish. Blind bake the base till golden brown. (350’ F). Let it cool before filling in.
- Prepare Pie Filling:
- 1.Melt the white chocolate in microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 second intervals till completely melted.
- 2.Cool the chocolate at room temperature. Whip the heavy cream to form stiff peaks.
- 3.Whip the cream cheese till light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar and combine well.
- 4.Add the pistachio paste to the mixture and further cream for another minute till fully incorporated.
- 5.Add the cooled down white chocolate and combine well to form a smooth mixture.
- 6.Using a spatula, add the whipping cream too. Gently fold in all together.
- 7.Add the cranberry bits to the mixture and fold once again.
- 8.Pour the pistachio mixture on the pie crust and even out with the spatula.
- 9.Place in the refrigerator for 6 hours before serving or overnight.
- 10.Decorate with chopped Pistachios, Cranberries and some Chocolate drizzle.
Key Ingredients: For pistachio paste:, pistachios, water, cold butter, castor sugar, refined flour, milk, vanilla extract, good quality white chocolate, heavy cream, cream cheese, powdered sugar, pistachio paste, cranberries