How to make Plum Pudding with Brandy Sauce
About Plum Pudding with Brandy Sauce Recipe: This Christmas make a moist plum pudding with brandy & rum soaked dry fruits. A sweet and thick brandy sauce with custard powder to accompany it.
Ingredients of Plum Pudding with Brandy Sauce
- 250 gms white butter
- 150 gms sugar
- 5 Eggs
- 100 gms raisins
- 100 gms currant
- 40 gms petha
- 100 gms cashew nut
- 30 gms ginger peel
- 100 gms dry cherry peel
- 30 ml fresh orange juice
- 100 gms maida (all purpose flour)
- 2 gms cinnamon
- 2 gms cardamom
- 2 gms cloves
- 1 drop vanilla essence
- 1 drop almond essence
- 1 tsp caramel colour
- 100 ml brandy
- 100 ml rum
- For the Brandy sauce:
- 200 gms milk
- 100 gms custard powder
- 150 gms sugar
- 200 ml brandy
- 200 gms whipped cream
How to Make Plum Pudding with Brandy Sauce
- 1.Soak the dry fruits in brandy and rum for a month. (or overnight)
- 2.Make mixture by adding white butter, sugar, and eggs, marinated dry fruits and flour with all the other ingredients.
- 3.Grease the mould with butter and add mixture into the mould.
- 4.Steam the pudding for 35 minutes.
- 5.De-mould and cool for 30 minutes.
- 6.Dust the top with icing sugar and cut into slices.
- Prepare the Brandy sauce:
- 1.Heat the milk and add sugar and cook for a minute.
- 2.Add custard powder and cook for 4 minutes.
- 3.Cool and blend in the brandy and whipped cream.
- 4.Set sauce on the plate and decorate with plum pudding slices.
Key Ingredients: white butter, sugar, Eggs, raisins, currant, petha, cashew nut, ginger peel, dry cherry peel, fresh orange juice, maida (all purpose flour), cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, vanilla essence, almond essence, caramel colour, brandy, rum, milk, custard powder, sugar, brandy, whipped cream