About Popped Amaranth Power Bars Recipe: Give yourself an energy boost with these nutritious Amaranth bars that comes brimming with the goodness of flaxseeds, hemp seeds, coconut and lot more!
1. Nut butter: Ideally use homemade nut butters, you can try my nut butter recipes
2. Cranberries have a slightly tart flavour and add a nice dimension, you can easily replace this will another berry or raisins
3. While transferring the mixture and tapping down, if the mixture feels too sticky, you can place another parchment paper on top and use a rolling pin
4. Desiccated coconut adds a lovely texture, you can also roast it slightly before adding to the mixture. This is optional
5. The salt adds another dimension, so I highly recommend adding it in
6. Hemp Seeds are a great source of protein, they can be replaced with an equal amount of another seeds or puffed amaranth
7. Lemon Zest: Use a zester or micro blade to remove the zest. Ensure you get the green part and not all of the white under skin. This adds a lovely zing or freshness to the bars.
8. All the seeds can be replaced with equal quantities of seeds allowed specifically on your fast rules.