How to make Portugese Fish Stew
About Portugese Fish Stew Recipe: A delectable treat to prepare on weekends and holiday season. This Portugese fish stew is an easy and simple recipe to prepare for a brunch or light side dish for dinner. Potatoes, fish fillet, shrimps, few veggies along with white wine and spices come together to form this delicious stew that you can serve with cooked rice.
Ingredients of Portugese Fish Stew
- 1 Kg sole fillet (you can also do 2/3 types of fish)
- 5-10 large large shrimps (optional)
- 1 kg potatoes (peeled), sliced
- 3 onions (cut into slices)
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red capsicum (can use green also)
- parsley or coriander (choose the herb that most suits your taste buds)
- Few dashes of hot sauce
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 cup olive oil
- 50 ml white wine
- to taste rock salt
How to Make Portugese Fish Stew
- 1.In a saucepan, forming layers, add the sliced onions, garlic, tomato, peppers, coriander or parsley, sliced potatoes and fish.
- 2.Place the sliced onions and peppers, paprika, salt in the upper layer.
- 3.Pour the olive oil evenly over the layers.
- 4.Once all layers are placed add seasoning and white wine and little water.
- 5.Cover the pan to bring to a boil.
- 6.Cover the pan and let it cook on slow fire, check once, if the potato is cooked it will be ready to serve.
- 7.To plate remove one or two pieces of fish along with onions, potatoes and capsicum, pour some stew soup over and serve hot.
- 8.This dish can be consumed on its own or can be served with buttered rice.
Key Ingredients: sole fillet (you can also do 2/3 types of fish), large shrimps (optional), potatoes (peeled), onions (cut into slices), garlic cloves, red capsicum (can use green also), parsley or coriander (choose the herb that most suits your taste buds), Few dashes of hot sauce, paprika, olive oil, white wine, rock salt