How to make Puff Pastry
About Puff Pastry Recipe: A perfect finger food for children to snack on! Puff pastry is a light, flaky and tender pastry made with flour, water, butter and salt. You can also stuff with a filling of your choice.
Ingredients of Puff Pastry
- 3 Cups refined flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups unsalted butter
- 1 cup iced water
How to Make Puff Pastry
- 1.Mix maida, salt and 1 cup butter into a crumbly consistency.
- 2.Add some of the water and continue to mix into a crumbly mixture. Add some more water till no dry particles remain.
- 3.Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or so.
- 4.Beat the butter into a 6" square between two sheets of plastic. Roll the dough into a rectangle 12"x 26".
- 5.Place butter in center and fold first one end over, then the other. Press edges to seal and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 6.Roll dough into a long strip again, fold one third from one end towards center and then the other. Chill. And repeat twice more before using as required.
Key Ingredients: refined flour, salt, unsalted butter, iced water