How To Make Pyaz Kachori
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Pyaz Kachori Recipe: Who doesn't love gorging on the spicy, flaky kachoris? Packed with flavourful spices and chillies, here is a simple pyaz kachori recipe that one can try at home.
Ingredients of Pyaz Kachori
- 2 tsp crushed coriander
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 3 tsp gram flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tsp black salt
- 1 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2-3 medium onions , chopped
- 2-3 Green chillies (optional)
- 2 Potatoes (boiled)
- to taste salt
- For dough:
- 200 gms maida
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds
- to taste salt
- 5-6 tsp oil
How to Make Pyaz Kachori
- 1.Take a pan. Add oil, crushed coriander seeds and hing. Cook it for 2 minutes at medium flame.
- 2.Add gram flour, Kashmiri red chilli powder, black salt, chaat masala and garam masala and let it roast for few minutes.
- 3.Add chopped onions, salt and green chillies. Cook until onions are soft and then add potatoes and mix everything well. Now let the mixture cool down.
- 4.To the make dough take maida, ajwain, salt and oil. Mix everything well and add water to prepare a medium soft dough. Cover it with wet cloth and let is rest for 1/2 hour.
- 5.Make equal sized balls out of the dough. Stuff them with the mixture of onion and potatoes and flatten the kachori with hands. Keep it slightly thick so the mixture doesn't spill out while frying.
- 6.Fry these kachori's at medium-low flame for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- 7.Serve it with imly chutney.
The recipe video uses a different quantity of ingredients for representation. You can alter the quantity as per your need.
Key Ingredients: crushed coriander, oil, asafoetida (hing), gram flour, Kashmiri red chilli powder, black salt, chaat masala, garam masala, onions , Green chillies (optional), Potatoes (boiled), salt, maida, carom seeds, salt, oil