How to make Ragi Dark Chocolate Cake
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
The sinful chocolate cake gets a healthy spin in this recipe with the use of ragi flour. The result is a soft, moist cake that will make it hard to resist reaching out for another piece.
Ingredients of Ragi Dark Chocolate Cake
- 100 gm compound dark chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup castor sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup ragi flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
How to Make Ragi Dark Chocolate Cake
- 1.Preheat the oven at 100 degree C.
- 2.Break the compound chocolate into smaller chunks and melt them in a double boiler. Keep it aside and let it cool completely.
- 3.In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs till light and fluffy. Add the sugar, a teaspoon at a time, and continue whisking until well combined.
- 4.Combine the melted chocolate with melted butter and mix well. Pour this into the egg and sugar mixture, and whisk well.
- 5.Sift together the ragi flour and baking powder. Add it, a teaspoon at a time to the above mixture while you continue folding. Ensure that no lumps are left behind but do not over mix.
- 6.Give it a final fold, and transfer to a small baking tin (6 inch diameter). Bake in the oven at 150 degree C for 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted at the centre of the tin comes out clean.
- 7.Remove from the oven and let it cool a little before demoulding onto a plate.
- 8.Note: You could replace the butter with oil and adjust the quantity of sugar as per your requirement. Serve it hot with some fresh cream or enjoy it on its own.
Key Ingredients: 100 gm compound dark chocolate, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup castor sugar or brown sugar, 1/2 cup melted butter, 1/2 cup ragi flour, 1/2 tsp baking powder