How To Make Rasgulla
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
About Rasgulla Recipe: Loved by all, this traditional Bengali sweet Rasgulla has soft and spongy balls made of fresh paneer and dipped in sugar syrup. You just cannot resist have more than one!
Ingredients of Rasgulla
- 2 Litre low fat milk (Refrigerated overnight, boiled
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (mixed in 1/4 cup water)
- 1 tsp refined flour (maida) or semolina
- 4 cups thin sugar syrup (flavored with cardamom or rosewater)
How to Make Rasgulla
- 1.Remove whatever cream that forms over the milk.
- 2.Bring to a boil, lower heat and add the lemon mixture gradually, till milk curdles.
- 3.Does not matter if you do not use up the whole solution.
- 4.Shut off the heat and leave mixture to rest for 5 minutes.
- 5.Drain off water and leave the paneer in a colander for at least 4 hours.
- 6.Mash paneer very smooth (no grains).
- 7.Add the flour/semolina and mash some more.
- 8.Bring 4-6 cups of water to a boil, and shape the paneer into balls (smooth ones, no cracks) in the mean time.
- 9.Transfer balls into the boiling water, cover with a tight fitting cover and let cook till puffed up (about 20 minutes).
- 10.Let cool, squeeze out of the water, transfer to syrup, chill and serve.
Key Ingredients: low fat milk (Refrigerated overnight, lemon juice (mixed in 1/4 cup water), refined flour (maida) or semolina, thin sugar syrup (flavored with cardamom or rosewater)