How to make Raspberry Bavaroise With Rose Gelato
About Raspberry Bavaroise With Rose Gelato Recipe: Impress your special someone with this delectable and beautiful dessert recipe. Raspberry puree mixed with milk, egg and sugar. Creamed with gelatin, set in mould, raspberry bavaroise is then topped with a delicious rose gelato. This is the perfect dish to prepare to make this Valentines day special.
Ingredients of Raspberry Bavaroise With Rose Gelato
- 500 Ml raspberry puree
- 200 ml milk
- 5 egg yolks
- 50 gms caster sugar
- 5 Gelatin leaves
- 250 ml double cream
- For Rose Gelato:
- 3 roses rose petal
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup rose water
- 3 drops red food coloring (optional)
How to Make Raspberry Bavaroise With Rose Gelato
- 1.Bring to the boil the raspberries and milk.
- 2.Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together until a thick sabayon.
- 3.Pour the boiling mix onto this and whisk well.
- 4.Return to the heat and cook out to thicken.
- 5.Melt the gelatin into this, mix well then pass through a fine sieve, leave to cool in the fridge.
- 6.Whisk the cream to soft peaks.
- 7.Once the raspberry mix has started to set, fold it into the cream, pour into the mold and set in the fridge.
- Prepare Rose Gelato;
- 1.Wash the rose petals in cold water and pat dry. In a heavy, non-reactive saucepan, place petals of 2 roses, milk, cream, and ½ cup of the sugar. Place over medium heat and heat to just under boiling. Let steep about a half hour to infuse.
- 2.Combine the egg yolks and the remaining ½ cup of sugar in a mixing bowl. Whisk until thick and pale yellow.
- 3.Bring the rose/cream mixture back to a near boil and whisk ¼ of the warm mixture into the egg and sugar mixture. Then pour all of the egg mixture into the rose milk and place over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- 4.Strain into a bowl and chill on ice. Pour into the ice cream maker and freeze & then churn it.
- 5.Transfer finished ice cream into bowl and adds the torn petals from the remaining rose. Fold into ice cream and pack into freezing container.
Key Ingredients: raspberry puree, milk, egg yolks, caster sugar, Gelatin leaves, double cream, rose petal, milk, heavy cream, granulated sugar, egg yolks, rose water, red food coloring (optional)