How to make Raspberry Macaron (gluten free)
About Raspberry Macaron (gluten free) Recipe: The french favourite, macarons/macaroons have slowly garnered a huge popularity around the world. They are bite-sized biscuits/cookies filled or coated with sugar and often flavoured with chocolate, vanilla and much loved hazelnut. Here is a fresh and unique recipe of macarons, completely gluten-free with raspberry flavour that you can prepare for kids too.
Ingredients of Raspberry Macaron (gluten free)
- For Raspberry Macaron:
- 100 gms almond powder
- 180 icing sugar
- 100 egg whites (at room temperature)
- 1/4 cream of tartar
- 35 castor sugar
- A few drops pink gel paste food color
- For Raspberry Filling:
- 75 gms cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 3-4 tbsp raspberry filling
How to Make Raspberry Macaron (gluten free)
- Prepare Macaroon:
- 1.Baking sheets line with parchment paper.
- 2.Place the almond powder and confectioners’ sugar in food processor and process until finely ground (about 1 to 2 minutes). Sift the mixture to remove any lumps.
- 3.In the bowl of your electric mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar gradually add the superfine sugar, and continue to beat, on high speed, until the meringue just holds glossy and stiff peaks. Once the almond mixture is completely folded into the meringue.
- 4.Fill a pastry bag with the batter. Pipe rounds of batter onto the parchment paper. Let the macarons sit at room temperature for about 30-60 minutes.
- 5.Meanwhile preheat your oven to 150* C .Bake the macaroons for about 16-20 minutes, Remove from oven and place the baking sheet on a wire rack. Let the macarons cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet. Place the macarons on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepare Raspberry Filling:
- 1.In a bowl beat, or whisk, the cream cheese with the mascarpone cheese until nice and smooth with no lumps. Stir in 3-4 tablespoons of raspberry jam until well combined. Place in a small piping bag.
- To Assemble Macaroons:
- 1.Start with two cookies of about the same size. Pipe a round of raspberry filling onto the flat bottom side of one cookie.
- 2.Take the second cookie and place it (top side up) on top of the filling to sandwich the two cookies together.
Key Ingredients: For Raspberry Macaron:, almond powder, icing sugar, egg whites (at room temperature), cream of tartar, castor sugar, pink gel paste food color, For Raspberry Filling:, cream cheese (at room temperature), raspberry filling