How To Make Royal Chocolate Mousse
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
About Royal Chocolate Mousse Recipe: Indulge in this sinful, decadent chocolate mousse at home with thos easy recipe full of dark chocolate, cocoa and whipped cream!
Ingredients of Royal Chocolate Mousse
- For chocolate mousse:
- 30 gms water
- 112.5 gms castor sugar
- 275 gms dark chocolate couverture 70%
- 500 gms whipping cream
- 125 gms whole eggs
- For Joconde:
- 1.260 gms almond powder
- 0.810 gms icing sugar
- 1.530 gms whole eggs
- 0.900 gms egg whites
- 0.450 gms castor sugar
- 0.360 gms flour
- 0.360 gms melted butter
- For cocoa spray:
- 100 gms dark chocolate couverture 70 %
- 100 gms cocoa butter
How to Make Royal Chocolate Mousse
- Prepare chocolate mousse:
- 1.Whip the whole eggs, at the same time bring the sugar and water to 118 degree Celsius and pour in the whole eggs slowly. Continue whisking till the temperature comes down to 50 degrees.
- 2.Mix the cooked egg mixure with the melted chocolate. Fold the semi whipped cream to the above mixture. Pour in the desired moulds to set.
- Prepare Joconde:
- 1.Whisk together almond powder, icing sugar and whole eggs till light and fluffy.
- 2.Make French meringue with egg whites and castor sugar, by whipping the egg whites and adding the castor sugar in three stages. Whisk until the stiff peaks are formed.
- 3.Fold the meringue with the almond, sugar and egg mix followed by the flour and lastly the melted butter.
- 4.On a baking tray with a silicon mat spread the batter about 5 mm and bake at 180 degree Celsius for 9 minutes.
- 5.For cocoa spray, melt the cocoa butter and add the chocolate to it.
- To assemble:
- 1.Cut out the joconde sheet of 5 inch round and spread over 100gm of chocolate mix. Let it set in chiller for 10 minutes.
- 2.Take a round ring 6 inch. Take out the base and place in the middle of the round ring and top up the round ring with the chocolate mousse and freeze.
- 3.Once frozen de-mold it from the ring and spray with cocoa spray using spray gun.
Key Ingredients: water, castor sugar, dark chocolate couverture 70%, whipping cream, whole eggs, almond powder, icing sugar, whole eggs, egg whites, castor sugar, flour, melted butter, dark chocolate couverture 70 %, cocoa butter