How to make Saada Paratha
Recipe Servings: 6
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
Whole wheat plain paranthas smeared with hot ghee. Enjoy this parantha with your favorite vegetable!
Ingredients of Saada Paratha
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- For the dough Water
- 1/2 Cup Ghee
- For dusting Dry flour
How to Make Saada Paratha
- 1.Knead the flour with water into a soft pliable dough. Cover the dough and leave to rest for at least 30 minutes.
- 2.Break dough into 8 pieces, and shape each into a round, smooth ball, using a dusting of flour if it sticks.
- 3.Take a ball, and using a rolling pin, roll it into a round.
- 4.Smear the surface of the round with a little ghee, fold in half, smear the surface with ghee again, and make another fold from corner to corner, thus making a triangle.
- 5.Roll the triangle as thin as you can with a light hand. Repeat with the rest of the pieces, keeping the rolled paranthas covered, while you work on the rest of the dough.
- 6.With enough practice, you will be able to work fast enough to roll one and fry the other at the same time.
- 7.Heat the griddle till very hot. Place a parantha on it and lower the heat a bit.
- 8.When the edges start lifting slightly, make a trail of ghee along the outer edge of the parantha, so that some ghee trickles under it.
- 9.When underside is golden brown, smear some ghee on uncooked surface, increase heat and turn the parantha over.
- 10.Lower heat and cook on the other side. Serve hot.