Saffron Chicken Recipe
The beautiful aroma of khada masalas, the vibrancy of saffron and the tenderness of the chicken makes this recipe a winner at the dining table. Serve this saffron chicken with hot rotis or rice.
- Total Cook Time 30 mins
- Cook Time 30 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Saffron Chicken
- 1 kg chicken (broiler), cut into 6 pieces
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 2 tsp sonth (dry ginger powder)
- Salt, to taste
- 10 cloves (laung)
- 1 tsp chilli powder or to taste
- 1 stick cinnamon, broken into small pieces
- 2 Tbsp saunf (fennel seeds)
- 1 1/2 tsp saffron soaked in 2 Tbsp warm milk
How to Make Saffron ChickenHideShow Media
Wash and wipe chicken dry.
Heat ghee and fry the chicken pieces over high heat till light brown.
Add sonth, laung, chilli powder, dalchini and saunf. Stir a few times and add 1/2 cup water.
Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer till chicken is tender.
Add the kesar and cook till all the extra liquid dries up. Serve hot.