How to make Spanish Artichoke And Spinach Dip
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Spanish Artichoke And Spinach Dip Recipe: This easy spinach dips is warm and gooey, unlike your regular accompaniments. Serve with freshly baked tortilla chips.
Ingredients of Spanish Artichoke And Spinach Dip
- 200 Gram spinach
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 cup cream
- 25 gram garlic, chopped
- A pinch of nutmeg
- to taste salt
- 1 tsp lime Juice
- 1 cup artichoke hearts (cubed)
- For Tortilla Chips:
- 25 gram polenta
- 20 gram refined flour
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- For Bechamel Sauce:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk (heated)
- to taste salt
- to taste pepper (freshly ground)
How to Make Spanish Artichoke And Spinach Dip
- 1.Take fresh spinach and blanch in hot water then soak it in chilled water for 5-7 minutes.
- 2.Squeeze and drain all the water from the spinach.
- 3.Take one medium sized onion and chop finely.
- 4.Add chopped garlic and toss in olive oil on high flame.
- 5.Add bechamel sauce & fresh cream to the pan.
- 6.Add nutmeg and salt to taste. Let the mixture cool down and put in blender and grind for desired consistency.
- 7.Return the mix to the pan, add lime-juice and cubed artichoke hearts. Add burnt garlic for garnish. Serve warm.
- Prepare Tortilla Chips:
- 1.Take polenta, refined flour and a pinch of salt along with half a cup of water and knead until mixed well.
- 2.Roll with a rolling pin until thin. Cut the tortilla sheet into triangular shapes.
- 3.Fry and serve with dip.
- Prepare Bechamel Sauce:
- 1.Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- 2.Add flour, cook, stirring, with a wooden spoon, for 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture bubbles.
- 3.Gradually stir in milk and bring it to boil.
- 4.Reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes or until mixture thickens.
Key Ingredients: spinach, onion, cream, garlic, nutmeg, salt, lime Juice, artichoke hearts (cubed), polenta, refined flour, salt, water, butter, flour, salt, pepper (freshly ground)