Spicy Pumpkin Hummus Recipe
There's nothing like roasted pumpkin. Team it with hummus and it's a lip-smacking treat. Spice it up with red chilli powder and Tabasco sauce, and if you have za'atar, add that in too.
- Total Cook Time 25 mins
- Prep Time 05 mins
- Cook Time 20 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Spicy Pumpkin Hummus
- 2 cups chickpeas, boiled
- 200 gm pumpkin
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 Tbsp Tabasco sauce
- Salt to taste
- Red Chilli powder, for topping
- Olive oil, for topping
- Rosemary sprigs to garnish
How to Make Spicy Pumpkin HummusHideShow Media
1. Oil the pumpkin slice and roast it in the oven for 15 minutes.
2. In a food processer or blender, mix chickpeas and garlic, and pulse until smooth. You can add a little water, if you find the mixture a little dry.
3. Add the pumpkin, cumin powder, Tabasco sauce, olive oil and salt, and blend again until smooth.
4. Transfer to a bowl, and add the lemon juice. Mix well and check seasoning. Finish with a drizzling of olive oil, a sprinkling of red chilli powder and rosemary sprigs on top. Serve with pita breads.