Spinach Filo Pastry Recipe
How to make Spinach Filo Pastry
Layers of spinach, filo pastry, cheese, garlic and spices make this deliciously baked treat.
- Total Cook Time1 hr
- Prep Time 15 mins
- Cook Time 45 mins
Ingredients of Spinach Filo Pastry
- 2 packs of defrosted filo pastry
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- For the filling:
- 1.5 cup chopped spinach
- 3-4 Tbsp breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp grated Emmental cheese
- 4 Tbsp feta cheese or cottage cheese
- 2 tsp pine kernels
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp nutmeg powder
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Spinach Filo PastryHideShow Media
1. In a bowl, mix spinach, breadcrumbs, emmental cheese, feta cheese, pine kernels, garlic, nutmeg, olive oil, salt and white pepper.
2. Take two sheets of filo pastry and brush it with olive oil.
3. Sprinkle breadcrumbs.
4. Now put the filling and roll the pastry loosely into a log.
5. Then wrap it around itself in the shape of a snail.
6. Place the pastry in a baking dish.
7. Take milk in a bowl and add egg, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
8. Mix well and pour it over the pastry.
9. Sprinkle some breadcrumbs and few drops of olive oil on top of it.
10. Bake the pastry in a preheated oven for about 35 minutes or till it turns brown.