How to make Eggless Pineapple Pastry
About Eggless Pineapple Pastry Recipe: There's absolutely no replacement for a classic pineapple pastry! Sponge cake layered with cream and chopped pineapple, topped with whipped cream makes for this rich and smooth pineapple pastry. The result is an incredibly delicious, creamy and sinful dessert to indulge in! All of this, that too with an easy, eggless recipe, is there any more reason that we need to bake this delightful dish at home?
Ingredients of Eggless Pineapple Pastry
- For the cake:
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar, powdered
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup Yogurt
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2x9 inch round or square Cake tins
- For layering:
- 1 cup Pineapples, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Pneapple juice/syrup
- 3 cups Cream (chilled)
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- For garnishing Cherries and pineapple slices
How to Make Eggless Pineapple Pastry
- Prepare the cake:
- 1.Sift the flour and baking powder and transfer into a mixing bowl.
- 2.Add the salt, sugar, butter, water and vanilla.
- 3.Beat the mixture using a wooden spoon or a beater till well blended.
- 4.Add the yogurt to the cake batter and beat till smooth. The batter looks almost glossy when done. Transfer the batter into the prepared tins.
- 5.Either you can make two cakes or slice one cake into halves. Bake for about 20-25 minutes at 160 degree Celsius.
- Prpeare the layering:
- 1.Whip the cream with the sugar, till it holds its shape.
- 2.Be careful not to over beat, as it will turn into butter.
- 3.Place one sponge on the plate upside down, remove the paper and spread the chopped pineapple over it in a layer.
- 4.Spread a layer of cream over this and cover with the second sponge, upside down. Remove the paper and sprinkle with the juice/syrup.
- 5.Now cover neatly with a layer of cream. Cut into desired sized rectangles and decorate with piped whipped cream.
- 6.Garnish with the pineapple slice and cherries, chill and serve.
Calories: 4505.29 0Iron: 10.846 Mg
Key Ingredients: Flour, Baking powder, Butter, Sugar, water, Yogurt, Vanilla essence, Salt, Pineapples, Pneapple juice/syrup, Cream (chilled), Sugar, Cherries and pineapple slices