How to make Stuffed Ravioli
About Stuffed Ravioli Recipe: The classic Italian Ravioli comes with an Indian twist. Tricolor ravioli stuffed pumpkin, shallots and oodles of parmesan cheese along with the goodness of walnuts. A perfect recipe to prepare and relish with your family this Republic day.
Ingredients of Stuffed Ravioli
- 600 gms pumpkin
- 5-6 shallots
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- to taste salt
- to taste pepper
- 60 gms walnut
- 100 gms parmesan cheese
- A sprig of oregano
- 250 gms all purpose flour
- 8 nos egg yolk
- 1 whole egg
- 20 gms olive oil
- 25 gms salt
How to Make Stuffed Ravioli
- 1.Place the pasta dough ingredients in a bowl and knead the dough until it gets smooth. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2.Preheat the oven to 200 C and cut the pumpkin into small cubes, coat in salt, pepper and 1 tbsp. olive oil and bake for 40 minutes.
- 3.After cooling down the pumpkin finely chop and add crushed walnut, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper. Stir well to combine.
- 4.When dough is ready cut into 8 pieces. Each piece will be a layer of ravioli dough.
- 5.Put about ½ tbsp. of filling into each ravioli. Press the edges together to prevent them from opening.
- 6.Make the sauce in a pan. Heat up some olive oil & sauté the finely chopped garlic for 2 minutes. Add cream and bring to boil while stirring Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 7.Simmer on low heat for about 5 mins to reduce. Add parmesan cheese also.
- 8.Meanwhile cook the ravioli in boiling salted water. It takes about 3 minutes for them to float to surface, meaning they are cooked.
- 9.Transfer into the sauce pan and add the fresh oregano leaves and stir to coat the ravioli.
- 10.Serve immediately sprinkled with parmesan cheese and chopped walnut.
Key Ingredients: pumpkin, shallots, garlic cloves, olive oil, salt, pepper, walnut, parmesan cheese, A sprig of oregano, all purpose flour, egg yolk, whole egg, olive oil, salt