How to make Tamatar Chaaman
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
Tamatar Chaaman is a Kashmiri paneer dish with lots of spices. Fried pieces of paneer combined with a spicy tomato gravy.
Ingredients of Tamatar Chaaman
- 5-6 pcs Paneer / cottage cheese
- 3 tsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Sabut jeera
- 1/4 tsp Heeng
- 1/2 cup Tomato puree
- 2 tsp Saunf powder
- 1 tsp Saunth (dry ginger powder)
- 1/2 tsp Dhania powder
- 1/4 tsp Haldi
- to taste Salt
- to taste Red chilli powder
- 2-3 tsp Dhania leaves
How to Make Tamatar Chaaman
- 1.Lightly fry the paneer on both sides in ghee and keep aside.
- 2.In another pan, heat the ghee, add jeera and heeng and stir well.
- 3.Add the tomato puree, saunf powder and saunt, stir again.
- 4.Now add the dhania powder, haldi, salt and red chilli powder, mix well.
- 5.Sprinkle the dhania leaves into the gravy, stir and place the paneer on top.
- 6.Gently mix it all together and cook for a few minutes. Serve hot.
Key Ingredients: Paneer / cottage cheese, Ghee, Sabut jeera, Heeng, Tomato puree, Saunf powder, Saunth (dry ginger powder), Dhania powder, Haldi, Salt, Red chilli powder, Dhania leaves