How To Make Tandoori Blacked Pomfret
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
About Tandoori Blacked Pomfret Recipe: A flavorful Indian-style main dish, inspired by the Cajun style cuisine, tandoori blackened pomfret is an absolutely delicious pick for just about any occasion.
Ingredients of Tandoori Blacked Pomfret
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper powder (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup fresh cream
- 100 gms hung curd
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste (1 part of ginger 3 parts of garlic)
- 450 gms 1 piece pomfret
- 6 Coriander sprigs
How to Make Tandoori Blacked Pomfret
- 1.Gather the ingredients. Wash the pomfret and clean it. Cut slits into the fish.
- 2.Marinate the fish with limejuice, salt, ginger garlic paste.
- 3.Mix together the paprika, cayenne, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, oregano, pepper, cream & hung curd.
- 4.Rub over each side of the pomfret.
- 5.Preheat the tandoor at 220 degree celsius.
- 6.Skewer the fish and cook in covered tandoor.
- 7.Grill the pomfret about 5 to 6 minutes on one side, until the seasonings are blackened.
- 8.Right before taking the fish out of the tandoor, apply melted butter and lime juice. And put back the fish in tandoor for the final colour and smoky flavor.
- 9.Once cooked through, remove the fish from skewer and plate.
- 10.Add coriander sprigs,lemon wedges.
- 11.Serve with grilled vegetables or your favorite sides.
Key Ingredients: red chilli powder, cayenne pepper powder (optional), salt, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, dried oregano, black pepper, lemon juice, butter, fresh cream, hung curd, chaat masala, ginger garlic paste (1 part of ginger 3 parts of garlic), 1 piece pomfret, Coriander sprigs