How to make Uggani
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
Uggani is a variety in Upma made from Puffed rice and is perfect to serve for healthy breakfast. This recipe is very easy and quick to make.
Ingredients of Uggani
- 3 Cups Puffed Rice
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 medium Chopped onion and tomato
- 6-7 Coriander Leaves
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon
- 4-5 tbsp Gram dal
- 3 tbsp Peanuts
- 6-7 Curry Leaves
- to taste Salt
- to taste Turmeric Powder
- to taste Red Chilli Powder
How to Make Uggani
- 1.Wash the puff rice in cold water and squeeze out the excess water.
- 2.In a pan add oil, curry leaves, mustard seeds, urad dal and peanuts. Cook it until they are soft brown.
- 3.Throw in the salt, turmeric and chilli powder as per your taste.
- 4.Then add your chopped onion and tomato. Cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
- 5.When the onions and tomatoes are soft, add your puffed rice.
- 6.Give them a good mix and put your uggani in a bowl
- 7.At last garnish it with coriander leaves and enjoy!